For Returning Authors: About Opting In
We ask, we encourage, no, we ENTREAT you to opt in via the instructions in the left column. Or at least give it a try. We can opt you in, but it requires manual data entry and there's only two of us who handle this on a part-time volunteer basis (along with everything else to do with the website, administration, and queries). This is a once-a-year effort for you of maybe 3.75 minutes. There are hundreds of you so 3.75 minutes multiplied by hundreds of authors add up to a lot of hours for us. Thank you for your cooperation.
You're totally on it
You can cook if you follow the recipe
1) First, LOG IN. You can do this from the User Login box on the right sidebar.
Easiest way to tell whether you've successfully logged in? You'll see two menu bars instead of one. Red and orange.
2) Scroll all the way up to the right corner of the screen, above the red banner, where you'll see 3 links:
My account | Log out | Messages.
3) Click on the My Account link
You will see your Account page, with two options: VIEW and EDIT.
4) Click on EDIT.
You will see two tabs: Account and another one labelled Author
5) Click on the AUTHOR tab
Scroll down to ‘I will participate in AFI 2017’
6) Tick the box beside it
And please review any other Author info that may be different this year (Publisher, travel status, etc.)
7) Press SAVE
You're done. Return to the HOME page, or click on Participating Authors on the orange menu bar to see that you're listed there, explore, or log out (using the link at the top right corner).
Want printable instructions?
- Click here to download step-by-step instructions for opting in.
- If you've forgotten your login password, click here to download step-by-step instructions for setting a new password.
- Click here to download the complete User Guide.
You're hyperventilating already
Your name goes on the Participating Authors list once we enter it for you.